Monday, October 29, 2012

Reflection Numero 3: Exploring Culture


                My group chose to research the culture of Australia and specifically the Aboriginals from Australia.  We chose this culture because the aboriginals sounded interesting and I have never learned anything about them.  Something new about the culture that I learned is that a hug or a kiss on the cheek is the way to greet a friend.  I also learned that averting eye contact in conversation is considered a sign of respect among aboriginals.  This could be a very important skill to have should I sometime have to care for an aboriginal in the medical setting I may need to avert my eyes or not be offended if the patient isn't looking at me.  I want to learn more about the medical practices the ancient aboriginals used to stay healthy.  I think that would be really cool and useful.




No comments:

Post a Comment