Thursday, October 18, 2012

CCC Unit Reflection Numero 2: An Intro to Our Blogs


            In class we took some Implicit Association Tests (IATs).  These tests are designed to measure your unconscious associations between categories.  I took the race and weight tests.  I found that I had a strong unconscious preference for both European Americans and thin people as opposed to African Americans and fat people.  I was a little bit surprising but it all depends on where you grew up and what you is familiar to you.  The point of the test is to point out the tendencies that you have on a subconscious basis.
            So far this unit we have used many new websites.  We used Google Drive and Blogger to create a website and post documents via Google Drive.  We also learned how to screenshot pictures and put them on our websites.  We also used wordle.com to make really cool word collages.
            I can use the new blogger account for my senior portfolio in Health Systems Orientation (HSO).  That will make things easy to post online for others to see and use.  I can also use Google Drive to post documents online and allow other classmates to work on them and edit them.  This will make group projects way easier.  I will also be able to take screenshots and save them for further use.



No comments:

Post a Comment